K40 K40-360 Expert Platinum360 Expert Front and Rear Radar Detection System
It’s time to raise your expectations when it comes to your radar detector and the company that produces it. At K40, your safety is our top priority, which is why we engineer all of our products with safety in mind. Our radar detectors are designed to minimize distractions and ensure that controls are easy to access.
Our latest radar detector system utilizes K40’s new LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology, providing greater range and sensitivity. This redesigned system also offers more customizable options than ever before, allowing you to tailor it to your vehicle, driving style, and environment. With K40’s newest technology, you can rest assured that you’re getting the most reliable radar system on the market, backed by a company that truly cares about your satisfaction. Plus, our Expert Control Unit is included for added convenience. The future of radar detection is here, and it’s K40.
- The Latest Technology for Long Range Protection:
The Platinum360 comes with both front and rear LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receivers, which offer excellent directional range and sensitivity, while custom-installed alert LEDs and a concealed speaker inform you of the type of police radar band in use and whether the threat is ahead or behind you.
- A new LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology has been developed that increases sensitivity and range.
- Having a more powerful CPU results in a system that is more responsive and offers greater customization capabilities.
- However, if you want to rephrase it, you could say: “The current integration and future system expansion will be facilitated by three I/O ports.”
- Directional Awareness
The Platinum360 has front and rear LNA radar receivers which offer the utmost directional range and sensitivity, and it also comes with custom-installed alert LEDs and a hidden speaker that inform you of the particular band of police radar in use and the direction of the threat, whether it is in front or behind you.
- OEM-like Custom Installation
The Platinum360 system keeps the factory look of your vehicle’s interior, with a wireless remote control or optional hard-wired Expert Control, strategically placed directional LEDs hidden in the dashboard, and a hidden speaker to make it unnoticeable until needed. Additionally, it includes RDD protection, which means even law enforcement won’t be aware you have a “ticket-free” co-pilot on board.
- GPS Features
The Platinum 360 offers you fully customizable GPS technology features such as:
- Mark to Mute –You can easily silence the audible warnings of non-police radar locations that you often pass by pressing the MM button on your remote control.
- Mark to Alert – You can utilize the MA button to mark locations and set alerts for various points such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school zones, and red-light cameras.
- Speed Monitor – You can keep your eyes on the road and still track your speed, and you will receive an alert if you go over your pre-selected speed.
- Quiet Ride – By muting all alerts under a pre-selected speed, you can prevent alerts from sounding when you are driving at or near the posted speed limit (with the default setting being 20 mph).
- Auto Filter – The sensitivity of the device is automatically adjusted to the optimal setting according to your vehicle’s speed, providing a “set it and forget it” option that ensures you always have the appropriate level of protection, with reduced sensitivity at lower speeds resulting in fewer false alerts and increased sensitivity at higher speeds giving you more time to slow down and avoid getting a ticket.
- Advanced Filtering
The Platinum360, which is equipped with state-of-the-art filtering technology, is currently the most reliable and noiseless radar and laser defense system on the market.
- K-Band Filter – It has the ability to automatically disregard erroneous warnings from radar-based safety systems such as Collision Avoidance and Lane Departure Warnings, even those coming from your own vehicle or other vehicles.
- Traffic Sensor Filter – Rejects alerts from traffic flow sensors usually encountered during highway driving.
- Ka-Band Filter – Enables filtration of non-police Ka-Band radar signals, e.g. other radar detectors and satellite broadcast bands.
- Radar Band Selectivity
Now, with Platinum360, you can select particular band frequency ranges that you want to receive alerts for, allowing you to make your drive quieter by narrowing down to the specific frequency ranges utilized by a police officer’s radar gun.
- K-Band Narrow/Wide/Extended – You can customize the frequency range of K-Band radar signals that your system scans and sends alerts for.
- Ka-Band Narrow/Wide – You can customize the frequency range of Ka-Band radar signals that your system scans and alerts for.
- Integration-ready Custom-installed Radar Detector
The integration of Platinum360 with ADS Maestro RR interface, along with select Kenwood/JVC® radios, enables a touch-on-screen and visual experience through your car’s infotainment display.
- Expert Control Unit
The Expert Control Unit is the ultimate solution for OEM style and convenience, as it is permanently installed but can be easily concealed, and allows for control of system settings and functions to be accessed at your fingertips. It is designed to look and function just like factory vehicle controls, and even features backlighting for easy identification of buttons in low-light conditions. This exclusive product is available only through select Expert Dealers, so please contact us for a referral if you’re interested. Additionally, an installation photo is provided by Kingpin Car & Marine Audio.
- Optional K40 Laser Defuser® Protection
The sentence could be rephrased as follows: The Platinum360, equipped with Laser Defuser transponders, offers complete protection against police laser guns, making it the ultimate solution to avoid speeding tickets.
Product subject to one or more of the following U.S. patents:
- 7,298,248 B2
- Other patents pending.
- Detects and alerts to every FCC-approved North American police radar frequency.
- Operating Frequencies:
- 10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)
- 23.950 – 24.285 GHz (K-Band)
- 33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
- Power Requirements:
- 10.0 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
- 500 mA typical standby
- Wireless Remote Control: CR2032 Cell Battery
- Temperature Range: -40° – +165° Fahrenheit
- Highway (factory default setting):
- Sensitivity: The new sentence would be: At maximum range and sensitivity, it can detect all bands of North American-approved police radar.
- Recommended Use:If you are traveling on a highway or in an unfamiliar area with unknown types of radar, you should exercise caution.
- Sensitivity: The reason for the reduced sensitivity of the X-Band is because it is the most common source of non-police radar signals.
- Recommended Use:If you’re driving in a city with few non-police radar signals, be aware.
- Sensitivity: X-Band detection is eliminated completely.
- Recommended Use:When traveling in congested traffic areas with a high concentration of non-police radar signals, use this mode.
- Auto Filter:
- 0-45 mph – “Filter” setting sensitivity (see above).
- 46-55 mph – “City” setting sensitivity (see above).
- 56 mph+ – “Highway” setting sensitivity (see above).
- Recommended Use:In low-speed situations, it permits reduced sensitivity, while in higher-speed situations, it provides increased range and sensitivity.
- Highway (factory default setting):
Additional System Features
- Voice Type – “Female Voice”
- Front K-Band – “Front K-Band On”
- Audible Voice – “Voice On”
- Front Ka-Band – “Front Ka-Band On”
- Wake-Up Sequence – “Wake-Up Long”
- Rear Radar – “Rear Radar On”
- Auto Volume – “Auto Volume On”
- Rear X-Band – “Rear X-Band On”
- K-Band Selectivity – “K Wide”
- Rear K-Band – “Rear K-Band On”
- Ka-Band Selectivity – “Ka Wide”
- Rear Ka-Band – “Rear Ka-Band On”
- Ka-Band Filter – “Ka Filter Off”
- Optional Laser Defuser – “Laser On”
- Traffic Sensor Filter – “Traffic Sensor filter Off”
- Laser Setting – “Laser Constant Transmit”
- MRCD/CT – “MRCD Off” (Late 2020 release)
- mph/kph – “Miles Per Hour”
- MRCD/CT Filter – “MRCD Filter Off” (Late 2020 release)
- Factory Reset – “Factory Reset”
- Front Radar – “Front Radar On”
- Exit – “Exit”
- Front X-Band – “Front X-Band On”
- Wireless Remote Control: 3.07″ L x 1.4″ W x.47″ H
- Front Radar Receiver: 4.3″ L x 2.7″ W x 1.7″ H w/attached 15′ cable
- Rear Radar Receiver: 4.3″ L x 2.7″ W x 1.7″ H w/attached 20′ cable
- GPS Module: 2.00″ L x 2.00″ W x .50″ H w/attached 20′ cable
- Interior Host Module: 5.62″ L x 3.29″ W x 0.83″ H w/attached audio quality speaker
- Expert Control Unit: 1.76″ L x 0.76″ W x 0.35″ H w/attached 8′ cable
- Unit: 2.5 lbs
- Shipping: 3.4 lbs
There are no reviews yet.